Solution Set: Celebrating Women in Journalism
For the past few weeks, this newsletter has celebrated some of the smartest and most innovative women working across local journalism.
My colleagues Maddie Vassallo and Kyra Miller interviewed 10 women who work across the field and are at different stages of their careers to learn more about how they got into journalism, how they built their careers, and how they’re mentoring the next generation of news leaders
You can catch up on each part here:
But as all journalists know, some of the best material gets left on the cutting room floor. We weren’t able to include our full conversations in each edition, so we decided to also publish an edited transcript with each woman we interviewed.
You can find links to all 10 interviews below and on our website.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any questions or feedback.
- Akoto Ofori-Atta, Co-founder and Executive Editor at Capital B
- Chabeli Carrazana, Economy Reporter at The 19th*
- Cierra Hinton, Executive Director-Publisher at Scalawag
- Danese Kenon, Director of Video & Photography at The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Errin Haines, Editor at Large at The 19th*
- S.Mitra Kalita, CEO and Co-founder at URL Media and Publisher at Epicenter NYC
- Kristen Hare, Editor of Locally at Poynter
- Rebekah Monson, Co-founder and COO at WhereBy.Us
- Robyn Tomlin, Editor at News & Observer/Herald-Sun | Southeast Regional Editor at McClatchy
- Snigdha Sur, Founder & CEO at The Juggernaut