The Lenfest Institute for Journalism is excited to welcome you to Philadelphia for ONA23! We hope you’ll join us at our opening night reception and at various other programs throughout the event. Below is a full schedule of where you can find us, including at official ONA panels (blue) and through our additional programming (purple). The Lenfest Lounge in room 309 will be open on Thursday and Friday — see the times below.
Unfortunately, our welcome reception, hosted in partnership with The Philadelphia Inquirer and Ballard Spahr, has reached maximum capacity. We hope you’ll join us for our other programming throughout the conference.
Want to get involved with The Lenfest Institute beyond ONA? Learn more about our free programming and resources:
⭐️ Subscribe to Solution Set, our free newsletter sharing stories on the latest in journalism and innovation.
⭐️ Join one of our Communities of Practice, which serve various types of news professionals and are designed to create space for discussion, resource-sharing, workshops, and networking.
- Lenfest News Philanthropy Network, which provides newsrooms with the training and tools to ensure philanthropy can be a sustainable source of revenue to fund their organization.
- Audience Community of Practice, an open group providing support and discussion space for audience development news professionals
- Engaged Cities Community of Practice, a highly collaborative group of news organizations with engagement-first approaches to serving U.S. cities
- Statewide News Collective, a group that addresses the unique challenges facing news organizations that serve an entire state
Learn more about our other work
The Lenfest Institute believes a diverse local journalism ecosystem can catalyze a more transparent, connected, and equitable Philadelphia. We support media makers and organizations across the city through direct funding and training programs.
- The Philadelphia Media Founders Exchange is an accelerator program that supports BIPOC media entrepreneurs through training, one-on-one coaching, and grantmaking.
- The Constellation News Leadership Initiative is a comprehensive management development program providing career coaching and executive leadership resources to
- The Lenfest Next Generation Fund supports professional development opportunities for journalists and students of color.
- Every Voice, Every Vote is a citywide coalition of Philadelphia community and media organizations committed to informing voters and ensuring their voices are central to the 2023 City of Philadelphia elections.
- The Institute is the nonprofit, non-controlling owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer and supports its efforts to develop new technology that can better reach audiences and serve Philadelphia’s diverse communities.
- Spotlight PA is an award-winning statewide newsroom launched by The Lenfest Institute and The Philadelphia Inquirer in 2019. It creates free, high-quality investigative and accountability reporting for the benefit of all Pennsylvanians, which is distributed to more than 90 media outlets across the state.
Resources on journalism and innovation from Solution Set